Co Workers helping Co Workers was initiated about ten years ago as part of our Co Workers for a Cause Committee. At a meeting we discussed our desire to support a fellow coworker going through a difficult time. We decided we would start a fund for future use for our coworkers to give them a lift during a challenging situation or difficult time in their life. Each of our locations committed their returnable money from cans/bottles or their metal recycling money to the fund. Any coworker can bring forward a fellow coworker‘s name to Sue Sughrue in RM to share a need and ideas on ways “to lift their spirits.”
Some of the areas coworkers have helped coworkers:
- When a coworker was injured and out for an extended time we provided 100 gallons of fuel for their home.
- We have purchased gas cards for coworkers needing to drive to Boston to visit loved ones in the hospital there.
- We provided a gift card to Cabela’s for a coworker to buy fishing equipment to have an opportunity to enjoy some peace and quiet time after losing a loved one.
- We rented a campsite/cottage for a coworker to have time to themselves after losing a loved one.
- We have provided Hannaford Gift cards at times of need.
Moody’s cares about their customers, their communities and their CoWorkers. If you know of a coworker who is dealing with a challenging time and feel they could benefit from a helping hand from Coworkers helping Coworkers please reach out to Sue in Resource Management in Gorham.